Julia and I went to Cedar Rapids today in search of gluten free ice cream cones. It was so much fun to spend time with her. We went to the book store to pick up some Easter books. We then went to Red Robin to eat. We both had not been there before. She loved the decor. She was amazed by all the T.V.'s. The lady brought french fries to the table and also brought ranch dressing to dip the fries. A new first for Julia...she loved it. The best part was Julia spotting a Cold Stone on the way out of Red Robin. She tried Chocolate but then decided that French Vanilla was better. I am not sure she really is my child. Vanilla better than chocolate?!!
After lunch we hit the jackpot at HyVee. They had gluten free cones for Sam. We bought a bunch of other new treats that are not available in Iowa City. Bread sticks, ladyfingers, butter cookies, flour blends.
On the way back home Julia asks me, "Are we still in Iowa?" I need to get a map out and explain to her the concepts of city, state, country. She really doesn't get it at all. Maybe we will work on that this summer.
whoo hoo! Am I your first comment ever? congrats on the blog! We went to Godfather's for lunch after church and there was a sign in the window that they now have gluten-free crusts available. have you ever visited our family's blog? http://willandsam.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletehave fun blogging!