Saturday, April 3, 2010

Iowa State Fair August 2009

We go to the Iowa State Fair every year. There is always so much to see and eat. Julia started off the day with ice cream. I told her the flavor was one of my favorites when I was a kid: Bubblegum ice cream. I told her I would pick out all the pieces and then eat them all at the end. I am not sure what method she chose. The smile on her face says it all. The is one of the things that caught Sam's eye. He is always on the look out for hoses and cords. He likes to see how they have everything hooked up. Mr. Safety Man (Sam)

Sam and I are riding the sky ride. It was a bit chilly when we went. I like being able to see all the things we can do throughout the day. I also like the lemon aide stand they have at the top of the ride. It is made right in front of you with real lemons and sugar. It is delicious!
Brian and Julia were behind us on the sky ride.

We watched this guy work for quite awhile. He was making a cabinet. He was making the whole thing with hand tools. He made a lot of long wood curls for the kids to take home. Very fun to see.
This cow is made entirely of butter.....Moo!

Butter T.V.


This is one of Sam's favorite areas of the state fair. It is a small city set up with a river next to it. The children can dig in the sand and make damns to see what happens. Sam gets very involved with this exhibit and has to be urged to move along.
The final thing that I did not take pictures of was all the food we tried (get out your pepto bismol...you will need it after reading this)....mini cinnamon rolls, bubble gum ice cream, pepperoni pizza, chicken on a stick, sliced apples with caramel sauce, caramel sticks, few licks of rock candy, 11 mini doughnuts, lemon aide and a corn dog. I also bought some monster cookies from Kalona to eat at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment